Following are some of the useful links and prep sites that I used during my GRE preps, alongwith some tips.
Some Testing softwares to download
GRE Training sites
Encarta right click dictionary
Books to use:
1) Barrons GRE: A must
2) Princeton: Okayish: easy level
3) Kaplan: Toughest of all, and to be done at the end.
4) Arco, Cliff, etc are random (do only if you have enough time left)
1) GRE BIG BOOK is a must. It has around 27 real old pattern GREs but if you solve them all, you almost crack the actual GRE
2) Powerprep ETS 2 tests: These tests are exact estimates of what you will get actually (error: +- 20 marks),
so better write them in last 14 days. 2nd test should be written 2 days prior to actual test
3) Barron tests at the end of book are fairly good.
4) Remember: Kaplan scores are least what you can get on GRE and Princeton scores are max you can get.
1) Always keep a record of your all test scores: To make you know how you are improving
2) Though barron is not a complete set of vocab, it is the bare minimum.
One must finish off Barron WL at least 2 weeks brefore xm.
All in all, keep in mind, GRE IS CRAP, it tests 7th std maths for MS electrical admits….and makes you mug up the arcane words that americans themselves dont use…getting 1500+ is always possible, and keep an eye on the same.